Would you like to join the Disability Advisory Commission?
Call the County Disability Compliance Office at (916) 874 - 4466 for an application or visit the
Clerk of the Board Website.
Qualifications to become a DAC Member include education, training, or experience in any of the following areas:
- A practical understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), California Code of Regulations Title 24 Accessibility Standards, or the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- Rehabilitation, employment, personnel management or the legal process of compliance
- Budget analysis, planning, program development or community resources development
- Advocacy, or the formulation and interpretation of legislation
- Consultation in the use of assistive technology
- Transportation or housing access issues for people with disabilities
The DAC is governed by a set of By-Laws approved by the Board of Supervisors. You can learn more about DAC member qualifications and responsibilities:
How to Apply for Membership:
Applicants are required to attend one DAC meeting and one Subcommittee prior to scheduling an interview with the Chiefs of Staff of the Board of Supervisors. The applicant will receive notification of a date and time for interview. Download the following application: